I am passionate about clinical excellence and effective and efficient treatment
There are a few things you should know about me (in no particular order), because your treatment deserves being with the right therapist for you today.
- I believe you.
- I don't believe you are sick and / or mentally ill. I believe something happened to you and you learned from that experience. Our work together is learning based, in order to write a story that feels better for you.
- I don't have the answers you need. You do though. As we rewrite your trauma narrative, your own intuitive wisdom has room to shine and guide your life in a way you can trust.
- The clinical words to describe my work are: client-centered certified EMDR therapist utilizing a developmental and narrative lens, informed by attachment and somatic theory, treating complex, developmental and relational trauma, with presenting symptoms of depression, anxiety, relationship instability, and emotional dysregulation.
- My training and experience in treating trauma is significant. I have prior experience working for the Department of Defense, Veteran's Affairs and have utilized a trauma focused lens throughout my 15+ years of private practice.
- I too have been hurt and suffered trauma. I too have been in the client chair. Me too. My experience on both sides of the therapeutic relationship enhances my empathy and understanding of how to best help you. EMDR has literally changed my personal and professional life. The shifts I have felt and witnessed in others are profound.
- I get real in therapy. I'm authentic, transparent and clear, while being kind and encouraging.
- I believe, with my whole being, in your ability to heal.
- I only offer EMDR therapy because I believe it is the most effective treatment modality to date. As science adds enhancements to what we know, I eagerly incorporate them into my practice.
- Your ability to heal deserves and requires a full court press. There is no magic pill. We can, however, get it done together.
One of my greatest joys in life is watching someone turn the page on the past and truly blaze a new trail. I am honored to be part of the journey.